Grant Expert from Sewell, New Jersey
Arts servicesYouth developmentNonprofitsBasic and emergency aidAntidiscriminationCommunity improvementCommunity recreationCultural awarenessDisasters and emergency managementDiversity and intergroup relationsEducation servicesFamily servicesFolk artsFood securityFoundationsGraduate and professional educationHealth care qualityHealth care accessHigher educationHuman services informationHuman services managementHumanitiesLeadership developmentPerforming artsPhilanthropy and public policyPublic artsStudent servicesVenture philanthropyVisual artsVoluntarism
Learn more about Sandra Young.
- Full name
- Sandra Young
- Sewell, New Jersey
- Passionate Subjects
- Arts servicesYouth developmentNonprofits
- Grant Types
- Private foundation, Corporate, Local government, Federal government
- More than 5 years
- Average Annual Earnings
- More than $1M writing more than 30 proposals
- Personal Mission Statement
- As a nonprofit leader of 25 years, servings others is who I am, not just what I do, and I remain steadfast about improving the lives of others.
- Grant Superpower
- My grant superpower is relationship-building. Successful grant writing processes are built on a solid foundation, the relationship between the grantee and the grantor.
- My Keys to Success with Clients
- The keys to success when working remotely with a grant client are: - Communication is key! Always keep the client in the loop and informed of what you’re doing and what you need from them. Effective and frequent communication makes the process run smoother. - Confidence in your ability and what you can deliver makes the client feel more comfortable with the process. - You must have a firm grasp on technology and up-to-date and reliable equipment. - Professionalism is key! Although we are working remotely from our homes, we must still treat our dealings with clients just as professionally as we would when working from an office (be on time for meetings, meet deadlines, provide deliverables when promised, etc.). Stay organized at all times. - Maintain a workspace conducive to conducting business when meeting virtually with clients. This means no background noises, no children in and out of the work area, minimal interruptions, etc.
Featured Portfolio Grants
Sandra Young's top three recent awards
Sandra Young's credentials